The Fibonacci Queen
“It IS possible to make money trading, but not without the proper tools and a written trading plan. Rather than just providing entry and exit suggestions, I provide a template in the way of a trading plan, for the trader to take control of his/her own destiny using my analysis. Come on in and let me teach you how to fish, rather than just feed you!”
Who is Carolyn?
Carolyn Boroden is a top-notch technical analyst, who specializes in advanced Fibonacci strategy, in addition to a published author. With over 30 years under Carolyn’s belt, she has helped countless traders grasp the concept of Fib (including John himself). The trading team at Simpler Trading, particularly including John, Henry, and Danielle intertwine Carolyn’s work on Fibonacci retracement, extension, and projection analysis into their own. She’s the go-to gal for everything Fib.
As she’s been in this industry for over several decades now, she first became interested in Fibonacci in Chicago in 1986. After learning Fibonacci from Robert Miner, she ventured to open her own website, of which John was a member. After gaining the title “Fibonacci Queen,” Carolyn came to work with Simpler Trading when John and Henry began the chatroom at Simpler Options. For years she’s shared her chart analysis and time with thousands of traders. Her website has since moved under the umbrella of Simpler Trading into our Fibonacci Membership.
She’s always tried to share her wealth of knowledge with anyone whose eager to learn. To make this knowledge more accessible, she’s written a book titled Fibonacci Trading. It’s designed for traders to gain new insight into pinpointing the highs and lows in market trading with her proven approach. She’s also a frequent guest on Jim Cramer’s ‘Off the Charts’ segment on Mad Money.
Her goal is to teach you to take your trading destiny into your own hands and help you define trades to fit your own personality. Carolyn’s chart analysis focuses on the ratios derived from the Fibonacci number series. She applies these ratios on both the price and time axis of the market to identify trading opportunities. If you’re struggling with selling the lows and taking profits far too soon, consider Fibonacci analysis, as Danielle will be the first to tell you that Carolyn’s work changed her life!
You can find her daily in our trading room, sharing her analysis and trade ideas with our members. Follow her @Fibonacciqueen on Twitter.
Where can I find Carolyn at Simpler?
Discover Fibonacci trading strategies from the Fibonacci Queen herself. Featured on Jim Cramer’s Mad Money, Carolyn Boroden is famous for her advanced Fibonacci trading techniques and expert technical analysis. Lock in your membership with a $7 trial, and get full access to the Fibonacci Chat Room, Daily Videos & Charts, Weekly Watchlist, and Learning Center for 7 days.
Identifying Support and Resistance using Fibonacci Time and Price AnalysisLearn More
Swing Trading Plan
- Setup + trigger = trade entry then manage
- (NO trigger = no trade)
- Price cluster setup (3 or more Fibonacci price relationships)
- Symmetry setup (single symmetry projection or more in the direction of the trend)
- Two-step setup (3 or more Fibonacci price relationships within a two-step pattern formation)
- If price tests and RESPECTS the setup zone, for a trigger go to a lower time frame chart for an entry as it will signal an entry closer to where your RISK is defined!
- 120 minute
- 30-minute trade setups
- 15 minute for aggressive entry (will get stopped out more often)
- 30 minute for regular entry (won’t get stopped as much as the 15-minute chart)
- 5 minute is also acceptable when you are looking at a “ROYAL SETUP” which is when on the daily chart all the daily moving averages support the entry.
- ****For higher priced stocks like AMZN and GOOGL, we are testing using a 5-minute chart for a trigger so it fires off closer to where the risk is defined**** (please test this before you use it for yourself!)
8 ema crosses above the 34 ema AND a prior swing high is taken out
- 8 ema crosses below the 34 ema AND a prior swing low is taken out
- ***Either take the initial trigger or the next pullback after the trigger*** If you are NOT comfortable
- with the risk, then don’t take the trade!!!***
- Conservative buy trigger: 5/13 ema crossover ON the daily chart (on a closing basis)
- Conservative sell trigger: 5/13 ema crossover ON the daily chart (on a closing basis)
- (This will only work as a signal if you are not yet IN a buy mode via the 5/13 on the daily for a buy setup or you are not yet In a sell mode via the 5/13 combo for a sell setup)
- 1st option: Place a stop below the low made prior to the trigger firing off for buy side
- 2nd option: Place a stop just below the low end of the price cluster setup (30-50 cents below on stocks for example)
- 1st option: Place a stop above the high made prior to the trigger firing off on the sell side
- 2nd option: Place a stop just above the high end of the cluster for sell side
- (Option two may risk a little more initially, but if also gives you two chances for the trade the work out if the risk is not unreasonable)****
- 1st option: Exit partial position at 1.272 target and continue to use a trailing stop on the balance
- 2nd option: Use a trailing stop on the full position and see what the market gives you
- (If you do not already KNOW the target, run the 1.272, 1.618 and 2.618 extensions of the swing into the setup zone)
- Moving a stop to breakeven when possible (this will depend on the risk tolerance of the individual)
- Use a trailing stop using symmetry projections, or moving averages, or prior swing lows or highs
- There are videos Here that discuss trailing stops. ****Use the search feature if needed.***
- ***Note that you can also use other TRIGGERS like RAF and other moving average combos. Just be sure to test them first and then remain consistent when you choose one. ***
- As far as trailing up stops, this depends on how much you are willing to risk to try to stay in for a bigger move. It needs to be tested by the individual paper trading first and then applied to real money trading!!
- An ATR trailing stop might be ideal. I would use this on a lower time frame chart that can be chosen according to the trader’s risk tolerance.
Carolyn’s Media Appearances
Nov 30, 2020
Carolyn Boroden, aka the “Fibonacci Queen” talks about her best trade setup at T4AC20!
Facebook, Apple, Amazon and Netflix year-end run
December 1, 2020
Cramer, with the help of wisdom from a trusted analyst, is forecasting that FB, AMZN, NFLX, and GOOGL will trend higher, potentially staging double-digit rallies to close out the year.