The New “Big 3” Squeeze System
How “A+ Setups” Generated 10x Gains (with Zero Guesswork)
VP of Directional Options Strategies
“My goal is to only trade setups where the odds are stacked in my favor as much as possible, and to completely ignore anything that doesn’t fit my criteria.”
Who is Taylor?
Taylor got his introduction to trading at a young age from his father, Jim, who runs his own wealth management company. When Taylor was 17, Jim found some videos online of John Carter and shared them with Taylor. This became his first introduction into the world of options. This led to John quickly becoming a role model of his, and someone Taylor would ultimately try to model his game after.
As someone who has always been attracted to taking a different path, Taylor loves that the stock market provides the opportunity to determine his own way. He didn’t want to be locked into the structure of a typical college-career-focused life. With this mindset at age 16, Taylor made a deal with his father that he would finish high school online from home, so he could continue trading on his own at the same time. Since then, Taylor has not looked back and continues to focus fully on improving his trading every day. Trading has presented him with the opportunity to express himself in an “eat what you kill” environment.
Taylor’s philosophy in life, as well as in trading, is Kobe Bryant’s “Mamba Mentality”. This is the belief that life is a constant quest to be the best version of oneself. He combines this belief with the thought that trading is very psychological in nature, and that in order to master trading one must apply the following concepts: consistency, discipline, and patience. Taylor is also a strong proponent of separating oneself from the money. He believes a trader should focus less on the profits and more on the process that leads to the profits. Profits are simply a byproduct of good trading!
His major focus is trading weekly, 3-day, and daily squeezes in trending stocks. He additionally utilizes credit spreads to even further stack-the-odds in his favor. Over the years, he has found success in mastering a single setup, the squeeze, and doesn’t waste time focusing on any other setup. Taylor is a strong proponent that one can make a career out of trading nothing but the squeeze setup!
Taylor’s trading style, tools, mindset, philosophy of life, and focus on mastering effective set-ups makes him the perfect person to learn from if you are looking for a different path in life. He seeks to teach and educate others on making trading a rewarding and legitimate career path which allows for freedom, gratification, and success based on your own efforts and hard work.
Where can I find Taylor at Simpler?
The Simpler Trading Team is unlike any other. We have 100+ years of combined market experience. While most other services offer ‘hypothetical’ trades and theories, we share our actual trading ideas in real-time.
How do you make your money work FOR you? That’s the main goal for Taylor Horton’s Compounding Growth Mastery. Join Taylor to learn how to target consistent gains on a weekly (and monthly) basis to ensure that your capital increases.
Want to strive to get better at trading every single day? Join the FREE Focused Trades E-Letter for continued market insight, guidance, and life tips all in an easy-to-read format.
Taylor’s Trading Plan
- To pursue mastery of the craft.
- To create long-term wealth.
- To live life on my own terms.
- To challenge me mentally and emotionally.
- To motivate others in the process, and be a strong advocate for trading as a career path.
- I am a swing trader that likes to focus on combining high-probability technical setups with high-probability options strategies.
- I focus on trading the strongest stocks in the market, aiming to trade nothing but my go-to setup: the squeeze.
- I like to build my positions inside the squeeze above the 21EMA, with the goal of collecting profit as the squeeze releases energy and fires.
- #1 goal = get better.
- #2 goal = average of 10%+ return per month.
- #1 goal = get better.
- #2 goal = 100%+ overall return.
- Long Term:
- Grow my account to $1,000,000 and begin wiring 2.5% of balance weekly.
- I aim to focus on nothing but the setups that have proven to serve me well (the squeeze) and to ignore all else.
- I only want to trade setups that fit my personal criteria.
- I want to trade setups that can not only be highly profitable, but also allow me to have peace-of-mind away from the charts, so I’m not at risk of being bothered by the day-to-day “noise”.
Mid/large cap US equities in strong uptrends
- 3 Day
- 4-hour timeframes
- Weekly, 3 day, daily, and 4 hour squeezes on bullish stocks.
- The EMA’s must be stacked positively.
- The stock must be trading just above it’s 21 EMA.
- The histogram should show positive momentum, or yellow bars at the very least.
- The stock must be in an uptrend on the weekly and daily timeframes.
- The stock should be in a tight-squeeze, trading just above it’s 21 EMA.
- The EMA’s have to be stacked positively.
- If the histogram has yellow or light blue bars, I begin to build position.
- Once my criteria is met, I like to sell put credit spreads, going as far OTM with the short-strike as possible while still retaining at least a 3:1 risk-reward ratio.
- When I find a setup that fits this criteria, in my experience (and through what I’ve been taught) this is the highest-probability long setup you can find.
- Trading this high-probability setup (where the odds are stacked in my favor of catching a move to the upside) with an OTM put credit spread puts the odds in my favor even more. Probabilities + probabilities.
I’m always comfortable taking my max loss, and never risk more than I can afford should a position go to zero.
While I’m comfortable with the max loss on my spreads, this rarely happens when the trades are managed appropriately.
I set limit orders to buy back my credit spreads at 80% of the max potential profit.
I hold my trades until “something has changed” in the structure of the setup I’m trading. Typically, this starts with a close BELOW the 21 EMA of the timeframe I’m trading (or above for bearish trades).
I wake up every day at 5:00am and head straight to the gym for a workout. I find that this floods me with positive-endorphins and leaves me energized and ready to start my day.
Once at my desk, I check the futures markets to get a gauge of where things are set to open. If there’s an extreme move, I adjust working-orders accordingly and begin to write-out my game plan for managing open positions.
Run a scan for weekly, 3D, and daily squeezes in all optionable stocks, sorting by market-cap with the biggest names at the top of the list.
- I take notes on any emotions I felt throughout the session, positive or negative, and aim to identify what caused those emotions.
- I make sure all working-orders are set properly for the following session.
- Take notes on what John Carter & Henry Gambell are trading/their current thoughts on the market.
- Squeeze pro indicator
- 21 period EMA (exponential moving average)
- Bollinger bands
- Simpler Trading Scanner
- I track all of my open and closed positions in a spreadsheet I’ve built that quickly calculates P&L.
- I review all of my trades, thoughts, and emotions in a hand-written journal.
I watch recordings of John Carter and Henry Gambell’s options room sessions, and take notes on any important observations I make and the stocks they’re trading. I resonate with both of their approaches, so learning from the best in the game is a huge part of my continued growth.
- “As within, so without”.
- “Life is a constant quest to be the best version of one’s self”.
- “Move the ball forward”.
- Never go against-the-grain of the overall trend.
- Never fight the squeeze (trying to short a stock firing long).
- The results of a single trade are meaningless. It’s all about the probabilities over the long run.
- I don’t need to get paid today. Patience pays, and it pays better than forcing trades that are less than ideal.
- It’s always best to wait for “your pitch”.
Trading Platforms Used by Taylor:
Taylor’s Must Read Books:
3rd Edition: Mastering the Trade
One of today’s most successful traders, John F. Carter has made his popular guide more relevant and effective than ever.Learn More
Trading in the Zone
Douglas uncovers the underlying reasons for lack of consistency and helps traders overcome the ingrained mental habits that cost them money.Learn More
Think & Trade Like a Champion
Mark shows you how to use his time-tested principles to improve your performance and develop the confidence needed to achieve Superperformance.Learn More
Over one million graduates of the seminar program upon which this book is based have dramatically increased their income and improved their lives.Learn More
The Mamba Mentality
Kobe Bryant’s personal perspective of his life and career on the basketball court and his exceptional, insightful style of playing the gameLearn More
The Richest Man in Babylon
In his classic bestseller, “The Richest Man in Babylon,” George S. Clason reveals their secrets for creating, growing, and preserving wealth.Learn More
Here are some of Taylor’s favorite products:
Wireless Keyboard and Mouse
This full-size keyboard with numeric keypad and a precision mouse so you can work comfortably away from your computer or laptop.Buy Now
Amazon Echo Dot
Our most popular smart speaker with Alexa. The sleek, compact design delivers crisp vocals and balanced bass for full sound.Buy Now
High-density foam roller with molded edges. Use the roller to relive sore muscles, as well as balance, strengthening, flexibility, and rehab exercises. It can be repositioned easily as needed.Buy Now
Lacrosse Balls are used to massage muscles because of their high density. They help relieve pain and help reduce muscle soreness. Taylor uses them for pre/post workout stretches.Buy Now
Adjustable Standing Desk
The FEZIBO height adjustable desk helps create a better work environment by allowing you to move throughout your day.Buy Now
Desktop Motivation…Taylor’s is a 1/36 Scale Aventador LP700-4
The Toy Lamborghini on Taylor’s desk is a visualization aide. He wants to own a Lamborghini someday, so he visualizes it daily.Buy Now
Motivational “Art”…Taylor’s is a VOVIDEA Mens Kobe Jersey
Kobe is an inspiration to Taylor. Kobe is also the one who coined “Mamba Mentality” which is a Mantra Taylor lives by.Buy Now
Notebook for Journaling
Wire binding keeps pages securely attached; Coil Lock prevents snags from the wire tip.Buy Now
The New “Big 3” Squeeze System
The Innovative Tool for Pinpointing the Most Dynamic Timeframe to Enter Clean Setups
Get your front row seat to see how Taylor maintains consistent, aggressive account growth year-round
A clean and simple formula to effectively trade pullbacks