When the Bollinger Bands cross inside the Keltner Channels this indicates a quiet period in the market AKA “it's in a squeeze” and when the “squeeze fires” this means the Bollinger Bands have crossed outside of the Keltner Channels and price is moving.
The oscillator is a momentum indicator identifying which direction the squeeze has fired. If a squeeze “loses momentum” that means the move is over.
Again, the indicators that embody the Squeeze is available for free on all trading platforms, BUT if you don't want to go cross eyed looking at all the squiggle lines and want an easy to use visual representation then pick up the Squeeze for your trading platform today.
A Few Key Points:
- The TTM Squeeze indicator was developed to keep from going cross eyed from looking at all of the line crosses. The TTM Squeeze indicator visually represents what is happening with all of the lines.
- The TTM Squeeze Indicator is very easy strategy to learn and works on all time frames. We like the Two Minute and Five Minute time frames the best.
- The TTM Squeeze Indicator normal signal is red dots, no trade.
- When green dots appears, it means that the TTM squeeze indicator is on.
- When a red dot is followed by a green dot, it means that the TTM squeeze indicator has fired, volatility is expanding.
- The histogram (the vertical lines) is a measure of momentum; If it is blue we go long, if it is red we go short.
TradeStation, NinjaTrader, TradingView