Build Trading Day With Basics, ‘Billions’ In Mind
The last year has revealed a world with an unlimited number of concerns and decisions never seen before.
Traders face each day working to manage life’s issues along with all the data streaming in from the stock market.
Such mental gymnastics can take a toll on a person both mentally and physically.
So how can you structure your day to boost wellness?
Follow the lead of a billionaire.
Trading has its advantages and one is the connection that John Carter (Simpler Trading founder) has with Sir Richard Branson (the pioneering entrepreneur and billionaire).
John has for years followed a daily structure that fits with Branson’s proven plan. The goal is to maintain mental and physical energy while boosting effectiveness in life and business.
Wouldn’t it be great to learn from a billionaire how to operate at your true potential, escape mental traps of fear and greed, and make more money?
Here are some takeaways from the billionaire’s routine:
- Exercise – improves physical state and boosts energy throughout the day; try for some exercise morning and evening
- Break Time – take a mental break midday or early afternoon just to relax
- Disappear – avoid extended “hello” and “goodbye” conversations during office gatherings or ⦿ meetings; when it’s over, just disappear
- Cut The Cord – don’t be preoccupied with the last person, project, or conversation (and certainly not the last trade)
- Protect Energy – don’t let stress get to you and don’t burn energy on nonessential issues; don’t get sucked into anything
These daily practices can also help with focusing on the bigger picture in life and trading.
Focus on others – family, fellow traders, customers – and helping them have a better experience during the task at hand.
The experiences of life and trading will come with failure. It’s natural and should be expected.
Strive to look at any setback as a learning experience. Enjoy trying different things to see if they work.
You won’t know until you try.