World, Market Go To Hell… We Relax, Trade
Sometimes in the midst of trying times, traders just need to hear some straight-up raw insight into the world, economics, and trading.
At Simpler we generally don’t mince words within our training environment. Of course, we maintain a level of decorum and respect for others.
Still, sometimes the “hell” of life and trading gets so bad we understand how people need to vent and join in a little ranting.
Here are some comments:
This market has no intention of doing anyone any favors. Hell, the world is on the brink of war and this market brushes off a “down day” with a Friday upside rally.
While we don’t want to avoid trading in tough times, we recognize that traders don’t need to be spending all their time staring at a computer (for trading or reading negative news headlines). So give these a try:
- Exercise – Drop and do 10 pushups, fire off some jumping jacks, or go for a bike ride or nice walk. Just burn some energy.
- Organize – Turn that decade-old wardrobe into a clothing donation or tackle the garage mess. Even something as simple as cleaning your desk or rearranging your bookshelf works.
- Relax – Practice some breathing exercises (this works!) or watch a funny or wild movie you wouldn’t normally select. Put those natural biorhythms or streaming subscriptions to work for you.
- Join In – Watch the Simpler Trading Friday videos where there’s no off-limit topic in the world (well, mostly).
Also keep in mind that moving into cash is a viable trading strategy and offers time to reflect, refocus, and reestablish trading opportunities.
We Saw: Market regains traction with upside rally –
- All three major indexes regain some of week’s losses
- “Easy money” hesitation at Fed as inflation grows?
- Fed signals taper may happen sooner than later
We’re Watching: Any market runs as Fed influence wanes –
- Staying nimble as market adjust in next few months
- Effect on homebuilding sectors as eviction ban cancelled
- Short turns that open trades to counter market